Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Beekeeper's Daughter by Santa Montefiore

I picked up The Beekeeper's Daughter to satisfy the familial relation category of the What's In A Name Challenge. I'm glad I read it. It reminded me of Rosie Thomas and Sarah Jio's books.

It's 1973 and Trixie is in love with Jasper. She's fallen hard for the budding rock star. But suddenly, Jasper is called back to his home of England, leaving Trixie brokenhearted. Trixie's mom, Grace, reminisces to her own youth and her first love. The story alternates between 1973 (Trixie) and 1933 (Grace).

I do love stories that go back and forth between time. I also enjoyed the similarities between both women. Both Grace and Trixie had hard times but it helped them become better people. I really loved Grace's story because it involved WWII, but Trixie's story was sweet too.

Overall, I liked The Beekeeper's Daugher. If you like stories about family and love, this one is one to check out. Others who shared their thoughts on The Beekeeper's Daughter: The Historical Novel Society, Write Note Reviews, and Reading Lark.

I read The Beekeeper's Daughter for the familial relation category of the What's In A Name Challenge.


1 comment:

Shiny! I love comments.