Monday, September 2, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

After reading Attachments, I knew I had to read everything that Rainbow Rowell wrote. I was in the enormous queue at the library for Eleanor & Park. I couldn't wait so I purchased it. I think I'm going to buy all her books since I love them so much. Eleanor & Park is no different. It only deepen my love of Ms Rowell's work.
It's 1986. Eleanor has moved back in with her mom, her siblings, and her mom's skeezy boyfriend. Park is surviving. Park's not invisible but he flies under the radar of the bullies most of the time. But when Park sees Eleanor he risks detection to help her. Slowly Park and Eleanor develop a friendship which builds into something more.
Again, Rowell creates beautiful characters that you just fall in love with. Eleanor & Park was something to savor, enjoy. It's a beautiful story about first loves and believing everything will work out. Highly recommended. Others who shared their thoughts on Eleanor & Park: My Books. My Life., Rhapsody In Books, The Overstuffed Bookcase, Jenn's Bookshelf, The Midnight Garden, BermudaOnion, and Rather Be Reading.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this lady must be good if you feel that way! Rainbow Rowell- I'll look for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, there are 222 holds on 35 copies of this book at the library!

      Delete

Shiny! I love comments.